All aboard your Melbourne Hot Air Balloon Tour followed by a delicious breakfast and a private, personalised tour of Melbourne City.
English, German, Spanish, Italian (and Portuguese subject to availability)
Min: 1 adult
Max: 11 people
Departures: On request
Itinerary – Hot Air Balloon
You will need to set your alarm for an early start!
Firstly, you will be collected from your Melbourne Hotel. You will be escorted to the departure point for your very special tour. Please see below for further details about the day’s schedule.
Next, your Melbourne Hot Air Balloon flight will depart just in time to watch the city waking up. You will see the lights turn on and you may be able to hear the grinding of coffee beans across the famous Melbourne cafes.
Following the balloon flight, you will land to enjoy a fabulous champagne breakfast.
Itinerary – Melbourne Private Tour
Your own expert tour guide will take you on a personalised tour of Melbourne on the ground.
This tour allows you to make the most of your precious time in Melbourne. Why? Because with this customised tour we can accommodate your personal interests to create the perfect tour. We therefore recommend you tell your guide about your interests in History, Architecture, Culture or even Shopping.
You might choose to visit such wonders as Federation Square, the MCG and our world-famous sports precinct where the Australian Open Takes Place. We can also take you to St Patrick’s Cathedral and then outside of the city centre to Albert Park Lake (home of the Formula One Grand Prix) and over to St Kilda Beach.
We recommend that you finish your tour with a visit to Eureka Skydeck. You will take the super-speedy elevator to Eureka Skydeck 88 scraping Melbourne’s awe-inspiring skyline. You will be spoiled with 360 degree views of the city, Port Phillip Bay and out to the Dandenongs and the Yarra Valley.
Alternatively, just sit back and relax while your expert guide shows you the best Melbourne has to offer.
*Pick up time from your hotel varies depending on the time of year (very early)
Highlights & Inclusions
- Return private transfers from your hotel
- 60 minute Hot Air Balloon Flight over Melbourne
- Champagne breakfast
- Personalised private city tour on the ground
How will the Balloon Flight work?
- After 6pm the night before your flight: You will need to check if the flight can go ahead depending on weather conditions – we can provide a phone number to call, or you can download a mobile app: Apple or Android
- Approx 2 hours before sunrise (time confirmed night before): You will be collected from your hotel to travel to the departure point
- Launch: Passengers assist with the set up/ inflation of the balloon
- Flight Time: Flight time is approximately 1 hour
- Landing: The pilot will land the balloon; passengers can assist to pack up the balloon
What to wear / bring:
Ballooning is an interactive experience and guests will be encouraged to assist with the set up and pack away of the balloon. It is an active morning outdoors, so wear clothes that can get stained or dirty.
- Wear clothes suitable for hiking, including sturdy shoes, warm socks and a cap, plus sunglasses if you wish.
- We meet before sunrise so depending on the time of year and weather, it can be extremely cold.
- Generally, it will not be any colder in the air during the flight than on the ground, so wear layered clothing that can be removed as the day warms up.
- The burners radiate heat so it is recommended to wear a hat. The burners can sometimes drip water mixed with Carbon. GBA will not be responsible for clothing that is stained or damaged.
- Your feet can get wet and cold in the early morning dew; closed toe shoes are recommended and a change of socks.
- High-heeled shoes and open toe shoes, such as thongs are NOT suitable.
- Bring a camera to capture stunning photos on your flight!
Hot Air Ballooning
Hot Air Balloons are one of the most unusual and exhilarating modes of modern transport.
Whilst it may seem antiquated, importantly, ballooning is now one of the safest forms of modern aviation. This is due to significant technological advances over the last 50 years in particular.
Why choose a Melbourne Hot Air Balloon?
Melbourne is the ideal city to visit by Hot Air Balloon because of it’s spread out landscape. Your Hot Air Balloon Flight will allow you to visit one of the biggest cities in the world without the workout. From the skyscrapers of the Central Business District to the parks and rivers, funky inner-city precincts and expansive suburban drawls, you will see it all.