Book a Yarra Valley Hot Air Balloon tour over this maginificent wine region. This luxury private tour with Oceania Tours trip includes a fabulous breakfast at Rochford Wines following the flight, a chocolate and sparkling wine tasting plus a scrumptious winery lunch.
English, German Italian, Spanish, Portuguese
Duration: 10-11 Hours
Start: Very early
Min: 1 adult
Max: 11 people
Departures: On demand
You won’t regret rising early today to join our very special Yarra Valley Hot Air Balloon Experience.
Imagine seeing the sun rise above misty valleys dotted with vines.
Firstly, you will be collected from your hotel early in the morning to head out to the Yarra Valley to board your balloon flight.
Following the balloon ride, you will enjoy a delicious breakfast at Rochford Wines.
Next, you will continue to visit the Valley on a personalised private tour with your expert Oceania Tours guide.
You will start with an indulgent private chocolate tasting.
Later, experience a degustation of sparkling wines at Domaine Chandon to further lift your spirits.
Finally, to wrap it all up you be treated to a delicious two course winery lunch before your Oceania Tours guide will escort you back to your Melbourne hotel.
You may also like to consider some upgrade options to extend your experience in the Yarra Valley. If you are looking to meet a kangaroo, we can organise a visit to Healesville Sanctuary for up-close encounters with Australian animals in their natural habitats. Alternatively, you may even like to stay overnight in the Yarra Valley before or after the balloon ride to start your day amongst the vines.
Highlights & Inclusions
- 60 minute Yarra Valley Hot Air Balloon Flight followed by a champagne breakfast
- Private chocolate degustation.
- Sparkling wine degustation at Domaine Chandon
- Two course lunch
- Private tour with own expert Oceania Tours Guide
- Return private transfers from Melbourne hotels
How will the Balloon Flight work?
- After 6pm the night before your flight: You will need to check if the flight can go ahead depending on weather conditions – we can provide a phone number to call, or you can download a mobile app: Apple or Android
- Approx 2 hours before sunrise (time confirmed night before): You will be collected from your hotel to travel to the departure point
- Launch: Passengers assist with the set up/ inflation of the balloon
- Flight Time: Flight time is approximately 1 hour
- Landing: The pilot will land the balloon; passengers can assist to pack up the balloon
What to wear / bring:
Ballooning is an interactive experience and guests will be encouraged to assist with the set up and pack away of the balloon. It is an active morning outdoors, so wear clothes that can get stained or dirty.
- Wear clothes suitable for hiking, including sturdy shoes, warm socks and a cap, plus sunglasses if you wish.
- We meet before sunrise so depending on the time of year and weather, it can be extremely cold.
- Generally, it will not be any colder in the air during the flight than on the ground, so wear layered clothing that can be removed as the day warms up.
- The burners radiate heat so it is recommended to wear a hat. The burners can sometimes drip water mixed with Carbon. GBA will not be responsible for clothing that is stained or damaged.
- Your feet can get wet and cold in the early morning dew; closed toe shoes are recommended and a change of socks.
- High-heeled shoes and open toe shoes, such as thongs are NOT suitable.
- Bring a camera to capture stunning photos on your flight!
Hot Air Ballooning
Hot Air Balloons are one of the most unusual and exhilarating modes of modern transport.
Whilst it may seem antiquated, importantly, ballooning is now one of the safest forms of modern aviation. This is due to significant technological advances over the last 50 years in particular.
The Yarra Valley
The Yarra Valley is located only one hour to the east of Melbourne. It is suitably named for the majestic Yarra River that flows through the region, which notably was significant to the Indigenous Wurundjeri people. In their language it is known as Birrarung which means Place of Mists and Shadows. You will understand the significance of this once you are in the basket of your Hot Air Balloon looking over the valley! Interestingly, the Wurundjeri people lived around the Yarra Valley for over 30,000 years and the Yarra River was central to their survival.
The Yarra Valley is Victoria’s oldest wine region. The first vines were planted in 1838 on the property which is today known as Chateau Yering. Interestingly, the vineyards lay dormant between 1921 and the late 1960s but have since risen to become one of the world’s most important cool climate wine regions. The Yarra Valley is best known for its exquisite Chardonnay and Pinot Noir. Famous wine labels include De Bortoli, Yering Station, Domaine Chandon, Oakridge and Coldstream Hills.
Why choose a Yarra Valley Hot Air Balloon Flight?
The Yarra Valley is the perfect location for a hot air balloon ride thanks to the spectacular views over the rolling hills, spotting of native Australian animals and the mist that rises in the morning creating a mysterious and beautiful canopy. Additionally, once you are in the region, you have a great excuse to do some vineyard hopping or dine in one of the many award-winning restaurants.